Configurations - Large Design Review Mark
In Large Design Review mode, you can use the Large Design Review mark to specify which configurations are accessible when you view a model. Users can access the configuration by storing the Display List graphics data.
A new option VONDC: von Mises [Directional Components] is added to the Stress Plot, Response Graph, and List Results PropertyManagers when viewing results from a Linear Dynamic – Harmonic study.
By selecting the new stress component option, the solver performs the von Mises stress calculations more accurately by taking into account the proper signs (positive or negative) of the six stress components.
There are certain limitations with post-processing of results from linear dynamic studies:
- For all linear dynamic study types except Modal Time History:
- Results for von Mises stress
are listed inaccurately when obtained in the following way from the List
Results PropertyManager: Under Advanced Options, you enable Range and
select Element’s nodes, and under List Set, you select List principal,
von Mises, and stress intensity. To get the correct von Mises results,
select Nodes instead of selecting Element’s nodes.
- For harmonic and random vibration studies:
- The response graph plot for
the resultant reaction force shows inaccurate results when first created.
When you edit the same graph plot, the results are shown correctly.
- With mixed mesh (beams, shells, and solids) and the Nodal von Mises stress only (Faster) option selected in Result Options:
- For harmonic studies: The response graph plots for beam stresses do not show the correct values.
- For all dynamic studies except harmonic: When you edit an existing response graph for beam stresses, the Result component list in the PropertyManager is blank for Y-axis. To view results, select the stress component.
System Options – Assemblies
When selected, the Optimise component placement when adding mates option places components in more logical positions on the screen and relative to other components when you create mates. To access this option, click Option > System Options > Assemblies.
When this option is cleared, one component in the new mate might be placed off screen or hidden behind or within other components.